Fund of Women Entrepreneurs
Non-commercial, non-profit, charitable organization was founded on July 17, 2003.
- Supporting women’s active involvement in decision-making processes and strengthening their civil capacities.
- Supporting women’s sustainable development for economic independence and poverty reduction.
- Increasing integration opportunities for IDP women and national minorities in local communities.
- Supporting women’s involvement in peacebuilding processes.
- Promoting women’s and young girls’ capacities through their involvement in educational programs.
- Developing women’s professional skills and enhancing their knowledge.
- Raising awareness of women and young girls through developing their leadership skills.
- Improving qualification of middle-aged women with high education through their involvement in non-formal educational programs
- Women’s active participation in peacebuilding processes.
- IDP and ethnic minorities’ integration in local community.
- Increase women’s self-esteem
- Improve economic status
- Undertake peace-building activities with the support of economic components
- Increase confidence level among the residents living in conflict sides
- Professional orientation for young girls
- Training for middle-aged women
- Improve women’s social roles in the family and society
- Local and socially vulnerable IDP women’s involvement in social entrepreneurship
- Mobilization of young girls and middle-aged women to get them involved in educational programs.
- Support to professional development by realization of educational programs
- Cooperation with governmental, non-governmental and educational institutions.
- Support to elaboration and realization of social entrepreneurship programs with governmental and non-governmental structures.
- Advocacy and lobbying of women’s needs.
- Raising public awareness on gender equality issues and challenges.
- Women’s involvement in social entrepreneurship.
Professional orientation courses for young girls, trainings, information meetings, school for middle-aged women.
Periodical publication of journal, TV and radio programs, round tables, exhibitions, web-sites, social network and forums.
Questionnaires, interviewing, analysis.
Journals, methodical manual “Basics of Small Business” and manual on “Using of Microsoft Excel 2007.”
Consultations and Advocacy
- Legal and business consultations
- Appeals, initiatives, informational meetings, memoranda of understanding
- Elaboration of legislative recommendations and submission to appropriate authorities
- Providing references to the alumni of vocational colleges and school for middle-aged women
- Allocating small grants for the development of social enterprise
- IDPs (women, men, young girls ), local population living below the poverty line
- Residents living in the conflict regions
- The structures of central and local government
- Vocational training centres
- Civil society
- IDPs and national minorities
- Mass media
Area of activities:
Six cities of Imereti region: Kutaisi, Tskaltubo, Khoni, Vani, Samtredia, Zestaponi;
Poti – region of Samegrelo; Conflict zone – Khurcha, Nabakevi, Tamarasheni, Perevi.